This course contains Top 50 Unix interview questions that are asked in a technical interview. The focus is on commands and concepts inside Unix. It is an important topic for a software developer to know about Unix.
It is a compilation of advanced Unix interview questions after attending dozens of technical interviews in top-notch companies like- Oracle, Google, Ebay, Amazon etc. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time.
Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily programming work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of Unix concepts.
Join the Unix Interview Questions Preparation Course now.
What are the topics covered in this course?
We cover a wide range of topics in this course. We have questions on Unix commands, concepts etc.
How will this course help me?
By attending this course, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for Unix interview questions. We have already compiled the list of the most popular and the latest Unix Interview questions.
Are there answers in this course?
Yes, in this course each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.
What is the best way of viewing this course?
You have to just watch the course from beginning to end. Once you go through all the videos, try to answer the questions in your own words. Also mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this course 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview in Unix topic.
What is the level of questions in this course?
This course contains questions that are good for a Fresher to an Architect level. The difficulty level of question varies in the course from a Fresher to an Experienced professional.
What are the sample questions covered in this course?
Sample questions covered in this course are as follows:
- How will you remove all files in current directory? Including the files that are two levels down in a sub-directory.
- What is the difference between the –v and –x options in Bash shell scripts?
- What is a Filter in Unix command?
- What is Kernel in Unix operating system?
- What is a Shell in Unix OS?
- What are the different shells in Unix that you know about?
- What is the first character of the output in ls –l command ?
- What is the difference between Multi-tasking and Multi-user environment?
- What is an Inode in Unix?
- What is the difference between absolute path and relative path in Unix file system?
- What are the main responsibilities of a Unix Shell?
- What is a Shell variable?
- What are the important Shell variables that are initialized on starting a Shell?
- How will you set the value of Environment variables in Unix?
- What is the difference between a System Call and a library function?
- What are the networking commands in Unix that you have used?
- What is a Pipeline in Unix?
- What is the use of tee command in Unix?
- How will you count the number of lines and words in a file in Unix?
- What is Bash shell?
- How will you search for a name in Unix files?
- What are the popular options of grep command in Unix?
- What is the difference between whoami and who am i commands in Unix?
- What is a Superuser in Unix?
- How will you check the information about a process in Unix?
- What is the use of more command with cat command?
- What are the File modes in Unix?
- We wrote a shell script in Unix but it is not doing anything. What could be the reason?
- What is the significance of 755 in chmod 755 command?
- How can we run a process in background in Unix? How can we kill a process running in background?
- How will you create a read only file in Unix?
- How does alias work in Unix?
- How can you redirect I/O in Unix?
- What are the main steps taken by a Unix Shell for processing a command?
- What is a Sticky bit in Unix?
- What are the different outputs from Kill command in Unix?
- How will you customize your environment in Unix?
- What are the popular commands for user management in Unix?
- How will you debug a shell script in Unix?
- What is the difference between a Zombie and Orphan process in Unix?
- How will you check if a remote host is still alive?
- How will you get the last executed command in Unix?
- What is the meaning of “2>&1” in a Unix shell?
- How will you find which process is taking most CPU time in Unix?
- What is the difference between Soft link and Hard link in Unix?
- How will you find which processes are using a file?
- What is the purpose of nohup in Unix?
- How will you remove blank lines from a file in Unix?
- How will you find the remote hosts that are connecting to your system on a specific port in Unix?
- What is xargs in Unix?