Amazon S3 is a very secure storage service. Some of the main security mechanisms available in Amazon S3 are as follows:
- Access: When we create a bucket or an object, only the owner get the access to the bucket and objects.
- Authentication: Amazon S3 also support user authentication to control who has access to a specific object or bucket.
- Access Control List: We can create Access Control Lists (ACL) to provide selective permissions to users and groups.
- HTTPS: Amazon S3 also supports HTTPS protocol to securely upload and download data from cloud.
- Encryption: We can also use Server Side Encryption (SSE) in Amazon S3 to encrypt data.