In Jenkins, it is very important to make the system secure by setting user authentication and authorization. To do this we have to do following:
- First we have to set up the Security Realm. We can integrate Jenkins with LDAP server to create user authentication.
- Second part is to set the authorization for users. This determines which user has access to what resources.
In Jenkins some of the options to setup security are as follows:
- We can use Jenkins’ own User Database.
- We can use LDAP plugin to integrate Jenkins with LDAP server.
- We can also setup Matrix based security on Jenkins.