Some of the main features of Maven are:
- Simple: Maven provides simple project setup that is based on best practices.
- Fast: You can get a new project or module started in a few seconds in Maven.
- Easy to learn: Maven usage and commands are easy to learn across all projects. Therefore ramp up time for new developers coming onto a project is very less.
- Dependency management: Maven provides superior dependency management including automatic updates and transitive dependencies.
- Multiple Projects: You can easily work with multiple projects at the same time by using Maven.
- Large Library: Maven has a large and growing repository of libraries and metadata to use out of the box.
- Extensible: Maven supports the ability to easily write plugins in Java or scripting languages for extending its core functionality.
- Instant: Maven is online and it provides instant access to new features with very less configuration.