DevOps is a very popular trend in Software Development. Some of the main benefits of DevOps are as follows:
- Release Velocity: DevOps practices help in increasing the release velocity. We can release code to production more often and with more confidence.
- Development Cycle: With DevOps, the complete Development cycle from initial design to production deployment becomes shorter.
- Deployment Rollback: In DevOps, we plan for any failure in deployment rollback due to a bug in code or issue in production. This gives confidence in releasing feature without worrying about downtime for rollback.
- Defect Detection: With DevOps approach, we can catch defects much earlier than releasing to production. It improves the quality of the software.
- Recovery from Failure: In case of a failure, we can recover very fast with DevOps process.
- Collaboration: With DevOps, collaboration between development and operations professionals increases.
- Performance-oriented: With DevOps, organization follows performance-oriented culture in which teams become more productive and more innovative.