What are the best practices to ensure the security of an application in cloud?
Following are the best practices to ensure the security of a cloud based application:
- Latest Patches: We should regularly download patches from a third party vendor’s web site and update our Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Amazon Machine Image (AMI): It is advisable to redeploy server instances from the new Amazon Machine Images (AMI) and test the applications for any regression failure. The new patches should not break the existing functionality.
- Uniform Deployment: We have to ensure that all the instances are deployed with the latest AMI.
- Test Automation: Automated test scripts have to be developed to run periodic security checks on applications in cloud.
- Third Party: All the third-party software in cloud should be configured with the most secure settings.
- Admin User: Whenever possible, the running of any process as a root or Administrator login should be avoided.
Read the full book at www.amazon.com